DRAWDOWN: The most comprehensive plan to reverse global warming
PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING MY WORK
New York, NY – DRAWDOWN: The most comprehensive plan ever proposed to reverse global warming was presented at the New York Society for Ethical Culture on September 24, 2018.
- Bill McKibben, founder of 350.org
- Lynne Twist, Co-founder of Pachamama Alliance.
- Presentation by Dr. Katharine Wilkinson, senior writer, V.P of communication and engagement at Drawdown.
- Chad Frischmann, V.P and research director at Drawdown.
- Karen Washington, urban farmer, food justice advocate and co-owner at Rise & Root Farm.
- Lauren Zullo, director of sustainability at Jonathan Rose Companies.
- Dan Zarrilli, Chief resiliency officer, director of OneNYC.
Project Drawdown describes when and how humanity can reach drawdown, the point in time when the concentration of atmospheric greenhouse gases begins to decline on a year-to-year basis.
Project Drawdown is a broad coalition of researchers, scientists, graduate students, PhDs, post-docs, policy makers, business leaders, and activists who have come together to map, measure, and model the best available solutions that can cumulatively reverse global warming within the next thirty years.
Drawdown maps, measures, models, and describes the 100 most substantive solutions to global warming. For each solution, we describe its history, the carbon impact it provides, the relative cost and savings, the path to adoption, and how it works. The goal of the research that informs Drawdown is to determine if we can reverse the buildup of atmospheric carbon within thirty years. All solutions modeled are already in place, well understood, analyzed based on peer-reviewed science, and are expanding around the world.
#350org #Activism #BillMcKibben #DRAWDOWN #NewYork #NYC #OneNYC #PachamamaAlliance
© Erik McGregor – email@example.com – 917-225-8963